SGBC Digital academy
Learn Anytime, Anywhere.
Haven't signed up yet? This is the perfect place to start. Choose any of our content and start learning.
Accelerating Built Environment Transformation
In the wake of sweeping global developments, there is a great opportunity to communicate the importance of the built environment in keeping families healthy and safe, as well as for businesses to identify new opportunities. Embedding sustainability into business operations is quickly becoming the new normal, alongside a broader systemic relook of our buildings and cities. In this SGBC series supported by Education Partner UL, explore the key built environment trends of carbon neutrality, environmental product declarations and healthy real estate.
SGD 60 SGD 60
- Accelerating Built Environment Transformation Part 1/3: How Carbon Neutrality will Transform the Built Environment (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Accelerating Built Environment Transformation Part 2/3: What are EPDs? (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Transforming the Built Environment with Healthy Real Estate (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
Balancing the Net Zero Equation
Responsible for more than a third of global carbon emissions, the built environment sector plays a key role in helping the world achieve its sustainability targets through low-carbon and net zero building principles. But how do we balance the net zero equation? While advancing net zero may seem like a daunting endeavour, the concept becomes more actionable with clarity and better understanding. In this exclusive series organised by SGBC, we break down the key components and variables of going zero. From understanding the net zero concept, to developing measures specific to your business and finally to formulating the roadmap to start your own journey to zero, a specially curated line-up of industry experts active in the Asia Pacific will share critical perspectives, experience and insight. To get a head start on advancing net zero, this series is not to be missed.
SGD 90 SGD 90
- Balancing the Net Zero Equation Part 1/4: Understanding Net Zero (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Balancing the Net Zero Equation Part 2/4: Developing Net Zero (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Balancing the Net Zero Equation Part 3/4: Formulating Net Zero (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Balancing the Net Zero Equation Part 4/4: Roundtable Discussion
Lighting the Way to Health & Sustainability
Lighting is an integral part of our places and spaces, playing a vital role in the health and wellbeing of occupants, as well as contributing to energy optimisation and savings. A growing body of research has linked good lighting with improved occupant comfort, including an improved quality of sleep for occupants in workspaces that prioritise the use of daylight. In this 3-part series, delve into the intricacies of lighting design and controls, illuminating this aspect of green and healthy buildings. At each interactive course, hear from industry professionals and specialists on key lighting design considerations and take the opportunity to have your questions answered.
SGD 45 SGD 45
- Lighting the Way to Health & Sustainability Part 1/3: How Good is Good Enough: Assessing Lighting Metrics (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Lighting the Way to Health & Sustainability Part 2/3: Lighting for Productivity: Lighting Control Strategies (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
- Lighting the Way to Health & Sustainability Part 3/3: Bringing the Sunshine In: Automating Daylighting Systems (Oct 05 2021 - Oct 05 2022)
Achieving HVAC Efficiency for the New Normal
In this SGBC Course supported by SGBC Member Armstrong Fluid Technology, learn about how HVAC efficiency can be enhanced and ensured in our buildings as the country moves towards greater reopening. SGBC Members Squire Mech and Keppel DHCS will also share insights and case studies on implementing HVAC strategies for the new normal.
Harnessing Green Financing for a Zero Carbon Future
In this SGBC Course supported by HSBC, get ready for a discussion on Sustainable Finance and Transition Finance, which are financial instruments that built environment organisations at various stages of development can consider leveraging. SGBC Member Frasers Property will also share about its own transformation journey towards a zero-carbon future.
The Future of Buildings: A Digital Perspective
Find out how digitalisation can help to improve building efficiency across its life-cycle from design, construction and operation. SGBC Member DCA Architects will also take us through an exploration of how technology-empowered hybrid work arrangements will look like in the new normal.
Towards 2030 – Green, Smart & Sustainable Living
HDB will elaborate on the features of Tengah Park District and how residents will be able to Live Well, Live Connected, Live Smart @ Tengah Park District. The course will also cover sustainable initiatives and weaving greenery into neighbourhood landscapes to promote a strong sense of place and well-being for residents.